Request SSL certificate for Signing
Secure your website's transactions today!
Conduct safe and secure e-commerce transactions over the internet and secure your customer's information. With an SSL certificate a link is established so all communication between your website and your customer's browser will remain private and secure.
What is SSL and why do I need a certificate?
The Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol is used to ensure secure transactions between web servers and browsers. The protocol uses a third party, a Certificate Authority (CA), to identify one end or both ends of a transaction.
The certificate gives your website's users confidence that they are dealing with a safe website, that their transactions are secure (critical when making payments by credit card) and will know that you have gone to great length to ensure that your website is who you claim to be. A certificate contains:
What do I get from a Certificate Authority (CA)?
- Information about the owner of the certificate, like:
- e-mail address
- Owner's name
- Certificate usage.
- Resource location or Distinguished Name (DN), including:
- Common Name (CN) (web site address or e-mail address depending of the usage)
- Certificate ID of the person who certifies (signs) this information
- Public key
- A hash to ensure that the certificate has not been tampered with
When you go to get a certificate signed from a signing authority they will provide you with the public key of the certificate as well as detail such as the reference to the issuer, the dates of validity and the signature of the certificate. The signing authority will not provide you with the private key as this is created and stored on our servers and will never be transmitted to ensure security is maintained. The files the signing authority provides is generally in the format of a Chain file and a Certificate file.
What do I need to do to get an SSL certificate on my Pronto Xi website?
Getting an SSL certificate is straight forward, the steps that will need to be followed are:
Who are some Certificate Authorities I can take my CSR file to for signing?
- Fill out the form below
- We will create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) file to take to your signing authority.
- Get the file signed by your signing authority. You should be provided with the following
- Certificate file
- Chain file
- Send us the Certificate and Chain files.
- We will upload the SSL certificate to your Pronto Xi website.
Some SSL Certificate Authorities are:
Create CSR File for my Pronto Xi website
Fill out the form below to begin the process of creating a Certificate Signing Request for your Certificate Authority.